Baltimore Hot Yoga & Wellness invites you to an awesome 4 night Yoga retreat in beautiful Stowe, Vermont!
Yogi’s will come together and join Debbie and Steven for five days of amazing Yoga, horses, hiking, waterfalls, and delicious home-cooked, healthy meals. All of this and more will be yours to experience at the majestic Stowe Mountain Yoga Retreat Center!
About our Yoga Instructors
Deborah Vojik, M.S., RN, RYT 200, is the owner of Baltimore Hot Yoga and Wellness in Parkville, Maryland. Deborah began practicing yoga consistently in 1999. By the end of the first month of practicing yoga, she knew that she needed to teach this transforming practice.
Teaching yoga provided Debbie with a way to give back to the world. She felt the need to contribute to the well-being of humanity and she knew that teaching yoga would be her vehicle. Over the past nine years of teaching this practice, she has noticed so many changes in those she teaches, as well as herself.
Deborah is truly happy when she is sharing this practice with others and is able to help them to see the possibilities the practice unveils, and ultimately to achieve their optimum well-being, be it physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual.
Currently, she is a Clinical Yoga Therapy Intern in the Natural Care Clinic at Maryland University of Integrative Health and will receive a Master of Science in Yoga Therapy in December 2016.
Steven Inghram, RYT 200, is a Clinical Yoga Therapy Intern in the Natural Care Clinic at Maryland University of Integrative Health and will be receiving a Master of Science in Yoga Therapy in December 2016.
Steven adamantly believes in our innate power to heal on all levels of being as he has experienced this personally. During his senior year of Undergraduate schooling, Steven experienced frequent anxiety and panic-attacks.
Through all of those experiences, he recognized that he had to seek a better way of living and ultimately, Yoga has provided him that. The number one aspect of teaching Yoga that Steven enjoys the most is seeing students transform into a more authentic version of themselves.
Along with his clinical work, he teaches weekly group Yoga classes at Anytime Fitness in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania and teaches a couple times a month at Baltimore Hot Yoga and Wellness in Parkville, Maryland. The classes that Steven enjoys teaching the most include: Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and Meditation.
About the Yoga Debbie & Steven will be offering
Each day Yogi’s of all levels (beginners to advanced) will be invited to participate in both AM and PM yoga sessions, either indoors or outdoors depending on the weather and yoga offered. Each day’s yoga offerings will differ slightly, do expect one challenging class and one yin/restorative class each day… a perfect balance of yoga!
The classic 26 & 2 Bikram Method series: The Bikram method has been proven and practiced by millions. The 26 postures and two breathing exercises systematically work every part of your body inside and out. The 26 and 2 gives every internal organ, vein, muscle ligament and tendon everything they need to optimize and maintain proper function. This class can be modified for beginners.
Intent Intermediate: This class is an intense, challenging fusion of Bikram, vinyasa, flow, and core power yoga, this class consists of 41 postures and 2 breathing exercises provides for an all-over stretch and strengthening regime. This class can be modified for beginners.
Vinyasa: the word ‘Vinyasa” is translated as ‘to flow’, whereas this is true, the true heart of Vinyasa practice means ‘to place in a special way.’ In order to tune-in to the innate wisdom of the body, we will slow down our practice and pair breathe, movement, and concentration to allow for a deep exploration of Vinyasa Yoga
Yin Yoga: The focus is to re-balance both the mind and body through the utilization of long held yoga postures, breathing practices, and meditation. Each yoga posture will be held for a total of two to four minutes which provides a deep stretch that targets the connective tissues in the body that are not usually targeted in other styles of yoga. Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular Yang styles of yoga such as Power Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and Bikram Yoga.
Restorative yoga: is a form of yoga that seeks to achieve physical, mental and emotional relaxation with the aid of props. The use of props makes it easier for you to maintain balance while you are stimulating and relaxing your body.
***Please note that the facility that is hosting us is not a Hot/Bikram facility so the room temperature and humidity level will be less than the standard 105 degrees with 40% humidity. We will however have a heater going! If the temperatures are warm enough outside we may practice the 26/2 class outside.
What will you be doing? Check out our draft itineraries below, please note that the exact times of each activity are still being planned, but this will give you a good idea of what you can expect to do and experience while on our retreat.
All Meals & some of the Yoga classes can be enjoyed outdoors weather permitting.
Thursday, August 18 – Travel & Arrival Day
4:00pm: Arrival, get settled into your room
5:00pm: Cheese & crackers / meet & greet / overview of lodge, yoga sessions, and other optional activities
Friday, August 19
7:00am: 26 & 2 Bikram method with Debbie
10:00am – 1:00pm: Yoga with horse’s journey (4 mile hike with horses)
2:00pm – 5:00pm: Free time (see additional activities list)
5:00pm: Slow Vinyasa Flow with Steven
8:00pm: Enjoy the outdoor hot tub, indoor sauna, meditate in tipi
Saturday, August 20
7:00am: Intent Yoga with Debbie
10:00am: Yoga with horse’s postures or swimming at Bingham Waterfalls
2:00pm: Yoga with horse’s postures, hike up Sterling trail to Sterling pond
5:00pm: Yin Yoga with Steven
8:00pm: Bonfire, dance party, hot tub, sauna, meditate in tipi
Sunday, August 21
7:00am: Hot Yoga with Debbie or Running with Horses
10:00am: Free day to enjoy any of your favorite optional activities (see list)
5:00pm: Restorative Yoga with Steven
7:30pm: Option to join Steven for a session on yoga philosophy, hot tub, sauna, dance, meditate in tipi
Monday, August 22nd
7:00am: Yoga with Debbie
11:00am – Noon: Departure
Additional optional summer-time activities in and around Stowe
- Hiking up either Mt. Mansfield (4 hr. round trip hike) or Sterling Pond (2 hr. round trip hike)
- Biking on the Stowe recreation path. This is a 5.5 mile long paved path for bikers, walkers, runners, the path is reasonable flat and ideally suited for all ages/levels. You may contact Pinnacle Sporting Goods at: 802-253-7222
- Visit The Von Trapp Family Lodge
- Visit and or swim in the Bingham Waterfalls. This is located exactly 7/10 miles uphill on the Mountain Road on the right hand side
- Visit Stowe village-Stowe village is located 5.5 miles down the Mountain Road and is home to many restaurants and shops. It is also home to the Helen Day Art Center and the VT ski museum. Both are interesting places to visit
- Visit our local micro-breweries and or wine vineyards – 4 micro-breweries to visit are: Heady Topper which is located in Stowe, The Von Trapp Brewery which is located at the Von Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe Hard Cider (past Stowe Village headed north on Route 100) or Rock Art Brewery in Morrisville, VT (10 miles north of Stowe on Route 100). The closest wine vineyard is Boyden Valley Winery located in Cambridge
- Visit the original Ben & Jerry’s factory in Waterbury, VT for an ice cream tour and treat. Tours start every ½ hour on the ½ hour
- Kayak, canoe or SUP Yoga at the Waterbury Reservoir in Waterbury, VT. Umiak outfitters rent all of these for your convenience, they can be reached at: 802-253-2317
- Stowe Farmers Market operates on Sundays from May through October, 10:30am-3:00pm
- Take a Gondola ride or take your car up the toll road to the top of Mt. Mansfield for panoramic mountain views looking into 3 states and Canada
- Experience the new Stowe Mountain Resort Zip Line Tour at: 802-253-3000
- Get a massage
Stowe websites to refer to:
The Stowe Mountain Yoga Retreat Center has been featured by the Yoga Journal in “17 Dream Destinations for Yoga Retreats”, by the Huffington Posts “Best 8 Yoga Retreat Destinations in the US”, and ranked “Top Ten Yoga Retreat Locations Worldwide” by Gayot’s.
The massive lodge features 10 bedrooms, 25 beds, 6 full bathrooms, large indoor dining room, large outdoor dining area, indoor sauna, outdoor hot tub, indoor yoga studio with vaulted ceilings and mountain views, outdoor yoga deck and even an authentic Indian Tipi (situated so you can hear the close-by river)! The lodge is located within Vermont’s beautiful mountain scenery, only 15 minutes from the quaint village of Stowe, and is the home of Yoga with Horses program.
About the Center’s Yoga with Horses program
This optional program has become a meaningful and spiritual experience for retreat attendees who choose to participate. The program includes: an introduction to natural horsemanship/horse whisper techniques, the integration of yoga positions both on and off the horse, a bareback journey at a walk with the horses in the forest along a river to a beautiful waterfall, and the ‘running with horses’ in which we take the horses on a beautiful 3 mile trail run. The Center’s horses include: Cherie, Black Jack, Annie and Pegasis. Check out this Huffington Post article
Transportation to Stowe Mountain Lodge is not included
Driving: Stowe, VT is just over 500 miles from the Baltimore, MD area. Driving takes about 8.5 – 9 hours. If you are interested in driving and willing or prefer to carpool with others, just let us know and we’ll get a list together.
Air Travel: Stowe, VT is about 35 miles (about 45 minute drive) from Burlington, VT (BTV) Airport, or about 156 miles (about 2.5 hour drive) from Manchester, NH (MHT) Airport.
Flying direct from Baltimore to Manchester, NH: There are direct flights on Southwest Airlines that are 1.5 hours each way, and then rent a car to drive to Stowe. If you are interested in flying to this airport and then carpooling with others, let us know and we’ll get a list together. (Tip: flying to Manchester, NH will most likely cost less than flying to Burlington)
***Please note, that if you are not driving that this is our suggested transportation option due to the fact that the flight is direct, we suggest that you book Southwest Airlines flight out of BWI in the early AM and then make the 2.5 hour drive which will give you plenty of time to arrive at our Retreat in Stowe by 4pm ***
Flying from Baltimore to Burlington, VT: Delta and American Airlines fly from Baltimore to Burlington, but they are not direct flights. You can find direct flights to Burlington from Philadelphia or Washington, DC Airports. There are the following transportation options from Burlington Airport:
- Take a Cab – Blazer Taxi is one taxi service that is about $90 which can be split by 2-3 people. They can be reached at: 802-349-4269
- Car Rental – Hotwire.com usually has good car rental deals or you can visit Hertz, Avis…etc.
- Group transportation – Middlebury Transit has a van/mini bus that can pick up a large group. Please call: 802-861-2600 for details including costs.
***We ask that everyone plans their travel so that they are able to arrive at our Lodge in Stowe between 4-5pm that Thursday, August 18th. Checkout time on Monday, August 22nd is not until Noon, so plan your return flight home accordingly.
***Please contact our Trip Coordinator Lisa Potteiger with any transportation questions. Lisa will work with anyone interested in carpooling by putting a list together and matching people up.
Contact Lisa: email@example.com or 941-915-9921. We will also set up a Facebook page so attendees can easily communicate with each other.
The cost of our retreat is dependent on your room choice, please book early for best room options and availability. The cost of your retreat includes four night’s lodge accommodations, all our chef prepared meals at the lodge, AM & PM yoga classes with Debbie and Steven, Yoga with horse’s sessions, and use of hot tub and sauna! (The average cost per person, per day is only $167!)
- $620.00 per person for a bunk room that sleeps six
- $665.00 per person to share a room that sleeps three
- $685.00 per person to share a room that sleeps two (for couples or friends traveling together)
- $900.00 per person for a single occupancy room (only one of these room types available)
- Four night accommodations at Lodge, including all taxes (not gratuities)
- 3 organic chef-prepared meals each day, plus arrival night dinner and departure day brunch
- AM & PM yoga sessions with Debbie and Steven
- Yoga with Horse’s activities
- Evening bon-fire party
- Optional Kombucha making class with Debbie
- Optional Yoga philosophy class with Steven
- Use of hot tub & sauna
What’s Not Included
- Transportation to and from the Lodge (airfare, car rental, taxi’s, etc)
- Gratuities for chef, kitchen assistants and house keeping
- Additional snacks, alcoholic beverages (beer and wine are allowed, no hard alcohol is allowed at the Lodge)
- Additional activities not notated under inclusions list
Contact our Trip Coordinator with any questions:
Lisa Potteiger 941-915-9921 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(Lisa is a student of Debbie’s at Baltimore Hot Yoga and Wellness)
We highly recommend TravelSafe® optional insurance.
Here are a few reasons to get trip insurance:
- Reimbursement for cancellation penalties (which can be 100% of your investment) in the event of an unforeseeable illness, injury or death of you, your travel companion or a family member.
- Reimbursement for cancellation penalties if you are called for jury duty, your home is damaged due to fire, windstorm, flood or vandalism or military leave cancelled.
- Health insurance coverage while traveling outside of the U.S. as many health insurance companies limit or do not provide coverage outside of the U.S.
- Reimbursement for unused portion of your trip if it is interrupted.
- Medical evacuation/repatriation expenses to an appropriate medical facility or back home in the event of a serious illness or injury while traveling.
- 24-hour help line for any travel emergency, such as medical, lost tickets, lost passports, and other travel documents.